I have no idea why The Globe & Mail’s Bruce Dowbiggin thinks now is a good time to wonder if the NHL made a mistake in leaving ESPN years ago. Especially with the news of The Score Radio shutting down, CTV announcing Olympic plans and the Sports Gemini Award nominations coming out. Then again, this is a guy who criticizes Charles Wang in the same article and encourages him to spend his own money. Too bad Wang already proposed that many years ago and Nassau shot it down. I could have a field day talking about Dowbiggin’s writing (BTW Bruce, it’s NBC Sports Network, not NBC Sports Channel. Since you “signalled” that in April, you should get it right when it’s announced. Or maybe, you didn’t signal it after all) but I’ll stop there. Puck Daddy put up a great article on the same subject in response to Dowbiggin and I’d like to throw in my two cents too. Since it won’t all fit into PD’s or G&M’s comment pages, I’ll use this blog to do it.
Search The Site
- @TheDalyPlanet You're correct. Ratings double when its on post NHL but that's not saying much. Supposedly Briggs will be used on a new show 1 week ago
- @TheDalyPlanet Crossover is back on Mon. Took the last few weeks off for cycling so good time to retool. 1 week ago
- @TheDalyPlanet nope. Daily at 5pm. Right before Crossover. 1 week ago
- @TheDalyPlanet Kuselias is still there. Hosts Pro Football Talk with Florio. 1 week ago
- A Punjabi Broadcast Draws In New Hockey Fans nyti.ms/11ZsQ1o 3 weeks ago